What is the Summer Bible Study?
A weekly Bible study to help you connect with the women in the Word on a personal level – to get to know them as friends and sisters and mentors and kindred spirits. Each week is “self-contained” (or module-based), which means if you have to skip a week due to vacation, sickness or just plain life, you can pick back up with the following week without feeling behind. (Also, because it’s module-based, you can choose to have a 6-week, 8-week, or 10-week study, depending on your preference and availability, which makes it ideal for church-based Bible study.)
What can I expect?
Every participant spends one-on-one time with the “woman of the week” – getting to know her culture, her history, her life, her struggles, her reactions, her relationship with God.
The study is organized into five days per week, 2-3 questions per day –
- Days 1 & 2 are foundational, as they introduce you to the woman of the week.
- Days 3 & 4 are more relational, helping you make connections (and form a friendship) with the woman of the week.
- Day 5 is applicational, making connections between your shared experiences and what God’s Word has to say on those specific topics.
Can I do the study by myself?
Yes! Everyone participating will do the Summer Bible Study as an individual study. The focus is connecting individually to the woman of the week. You will undoubtedly be challenged as you get to know a new woman from the Word weekly because you are connecting one-on-one with her.
Can I do the study with a group?
Yes! I actually encourage you to add a weekly group setting to the individual study. I did this informally in my home once a week with three close friends. Some may want a larger group setting (at their church, for example) and some may prefer to get together with only one friend.
I highly recommend adding the group option for two reasons:
- Each participant will each connect in a different way with the women in the Word and meeting together helps to round out the personality of the woman of the week by seeing how others connected with her.
- It opens doors for connecting on a deeper level with the women in your present-day life as they share their struggles, their hearts and their connections with the woman of the week.
NOTE: Because the Summer Bible Study is module-based, it is ideal for your Women’s Bible Study ministry. Once you choose the length of the study, you can handpick which women you want to cover during that time period. Please email email@example.com for more information on using the FREE Summer Bible Study in your church’s women’s ministry.
How long does it last?
This is a 12-week, self-contained (or module-based) Summer Bible Study. That means if you have to miss a week (or more), you will be able to jump back into it the following week without feeling like you are behind.
What is the time commitment?
Plan to spend at least 30 minutes a day during the five-day individual study. Like most things in life, you will get more out of it if you invest more into it.
If you add the small group element, 2 hours one day a week would be ideal.
How does it work?
Beginning Monday, June 6, I will introduce a new woman of faith and provide a link to the study for her. I will introduce a new friend every Monday following June 6 with her accompanying link. The last will be introduced on Monday, August 22.
How much does it cost?
What if I have more questions?
Please leave your questions in the comments or email firstname.lastname@example.org.